NOJHL NETWORK MEDIA UPDATE
Release Date: Monday, Nov. 9, 2015
CJHL rankings sees 3 NOJHL clubs tabbed
SUDBURY – The Canadian Junior Hockey League announced their latest installment of their weekly Pointstreak top 20 rankings Monday and once again a trio of Northern Ontario Junior Hockey League clubs were recognized.
The Soo Thunderbirds were tabbed second overall while the Powassan Voodoos earned ninth spot and the Cochrane Crunch were slotted in 15th in the listings, which are compiled in conjunction with International Scouting Services.
Despite having a 12-game winning streak snapped Sunday evening vs. the Rayside-Balfour Canadians, Sault Ste. Marie remains one of the hottest teams in the 131-team CJHL.
Sporting a 17-2-0-0 record the Thunderbirds are tied for top spot in the overall NOJHL standings with the Crunch at 34 points apiece.
The T-Birds do boast the best winning percentage in the league however at .895 due to holding two games in hand on Cochrane.
Powassan sits with the second-best win mark in the NOJHL at .875 along with a 14-2 record and 28 points.
They hold multiple match-ups in hand on both the Thunderbirds and the Crunch.
Having scored a league-high 125 goals to date, Cochrane has gone 16-3-1-1 so far this season, which gives them a .810 winning percentage.
Winners of 19 contests in succession, the Penticton Vees (BCHL) remain the No. 1 side in the CJHL this week.
The following is the Pointstreak CJHL top 20 rankings and five honourable mention teams for the period ending Nov. 8:
POINTSTREAK CJHL TOP 20
RANK TEAM (LEAGUE) (LAST WEEK’S RANKING)
1. Penticton Vees (BCHL) (1)
2. Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL) (3)
3. Portage Terriers (MJHL) (2)
4. Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL) (6)
5. Fort Frances Lakers (SIJHL) (10)
6. Carleton Place Canadians (CCHL) (9)
7. Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) (8)
8. Lloydminster Bobcats (AJHL) (5)
9. Powassan Voodoos (NOJHL) (4)
10. Melfort Mustangs (SJHL) (7)
11. Ottawa Jr. A Senators (CCHL) (15)
12. Camrose Kodiaks (AJHL) (HM)
13. Winkler Flyers (MJHL) (12)
14. Weyburn Red Wings (SJHL) (19)
15. Cochrane Crunch (NOJHL) (17)
16. Summerside Western Capitals (MHL) (HM)
17. Battlefords North Stars (SJHL) (13)
18. College Francais de Longeueil (QJHL) (11)
19. Sainte-Agathe Montagnards (QJHL) (18)
20. Kingston Voyageurs (OJHL) (20)
Honourable Mention: Dryden GM Ice Dogs (SIJHL); Brooks Bandits (AJHL); Whitecourt Wolverines (AJHL); Georgetown Raiders (OJHL); Woodstock Slammers (MHL)
ABOUT THE POINTSTREAK CJHL TOP 20 RANKINGS
The Pointstreak CJHL preseason rankings are based upon a variety of factors which includes the league in which the teams belong to, last season’s results in regular season and playoffs as well as initial recruiting efforts for the upcoming season.
ABOUT THE CJHL
The Canadian Junior Hockey League is a national organization comprised of all 10 Junior A hockey leagues in Canada.
The CJHL represents 131 teams and nearly 3,000 players and has just as many former players furthering their hockey careers at the professional, major junior and college level across North America.
For latest CJHL news and features, visit www.cjhlhockey.com and follow on Twitter at twitter.com/cjhlhockey or @cjhlhockey.
Specialized for the needs of leagues, teams, associations and governing bodies, Pointstreak Sports Technologies’ solutions streamline operations and improve the experience of sports participants, fans and media. Visit their website www.pointstreak.com.