NORTHERN ONTARIO JUNIOR HOCKEY LEAGUE
NOJHL NETWORK MEDIA UPDATE
Release Date: Monday, Dec. 21, 2015
NOJHL clubs among top 10 in CJHL rankings
SUDBURY – The final Canadian Junior Hockey League Pointstreak top 20 rankings for 2015 were announced Monday and a trio of Northern Ontario Junior Hockey League clubs are all listed among the elite 10 in the tabulations that are compiled in conjunction with International Scouting Services.
The surging Soo Thunderbirds moved to second spot in the 131-team CJHL this week while Powassan Voodoos were slotted in ninth spot and the Cochrane Crunch came in 10th overall.
Sault Ste. Marie has won six straight games and boasts the best record in the NOJHL at 29-3-0-0.
Powassan has gone 23-5-1-1 in their first 30 league games to date while Cochrane is 25-5-1-2 in 33 outings.
The Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL) remains No. 1 in the CJHL for a second straight week while the Penticton Vees (BCHL) slipped to No. 3 in the nation.
The following is the Pointstreak CJHL top 20 rankings as well as the five honourable mention teams for the period ending Dec. 20:
POINTSTREAK CJHL TOP 20
RANK TEAM (LEAGUE) (LAST WEEK’S RANKING)
1. Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL) (1)
2. Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL) (3)
3. Penticton Vees (BCHL) (2)
4. Portage Terriers (MJHL) (4)
5. Fort Frances Lakers (SIJHL) (5)
6. Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) (6)
7. Brooks Bandits (AJHL) (12)
8. Winkler Flyers (MJHL) (7)
9. Powassan Voodoos (NOJHL) (8)
10. Cochrane Crunch (NOJHL) (14)
11. Melfort Mustangs (SJHL) (10)
12. Battlefords North Stars (SJHL) (17)
13. Chilliwack Chiefs (BCHL) (13)
14. Lloydminster Bobcats (AJHL) (9)
15. Carleton Place Canadians (CCHL) (11)
16. College Francais de Longeueil (QJHL) (16)
17. Ottawa Jr. ‘A’ Senators (CCHL) (NR)
18. Summerside Western Capitals (MHL) (19)
19. Steinbach Pistons (MJHL) (20)
20. Whitecourt Wolverines (AJHL) (15)
Honourable Mention: Camrose Kodiaks (AJHL), Weyburn Red Wings (SJHL), Kingston Voyageurs (OJHL), Cumberland Grads (CCHL), Sainte-Agathe Montagnards (QJHL)
With each of the 10 leagues that comprise the CJHL now in their respective holiday breaks, the weekly rankings will return in January.
ABOUT THE POINTSTREAK CJHL TOP 20 RANKINGS
The Pointstreak CJHL Top 20 weekly rankings are produced in conjunction with International Scouting Services (ISS) and are based upon a variety of factors, including the league in which the team plays, winning percentage, win-loss record, total points accumulated, goals-for versus goals-against ratio, etc.
ABOUT THE CJHL
The Canadian Junior Hockey League is a national organization comprised of all 10 Junior A hockey leagues in Canada.
The CJHL represents 131 teams and nearly 3,000 players and has just as many former players furthering their hockey careers at the professional, major junior and college level across North America.
For latest CJHL news and features, visit www.cjhlhockey.com and follow on Twitter at twitter.com/cjhlhockey or @cjhlhockey.
Specialized for the needs of leagues, teams, associations and governing bodies, Pointstreak Sports Technologies’ solutions streamline operations and improve the experience of sports participants, fans and media. Visit their website www.pointstreak.com.