NORTHERN ONTARIO JUNIOR HOCKEY LEAGUE
For Immediate Release: Monday, Nov. 25, 2013
Status quo for NOJHL clubs in CJHL Top 20 rankings
SUDBURY – The latest Canadian Junior Hockey League top 20 rankings released Monday saw the two Northern Ontario Junior Hockey League clubs maintain the same spots they held last week.
The Soo Thunderbirds were once again tabbed fifth overall nationally while the Kirkland Lake Gold Miners held on to the No. 14 rating in the listings for the 128-team CJHL, which are prepared in conjunction with NHL Central Scouting.
Sault Ste. Marie presently holds down first place in the NOJHL standings with 44 points on a 21-4-0-2 overall record.
Two points in arrears, but also holding two games in hand, are the Gold Miners as their 42 points on the season comes with a 20-3-0-2 mark.
The Alberta Jr. Hockey League boasts the top two in the rankings this week with the Fort McMurray Oil Barons holding steady at No. 1 and the Spruce Grove Saints coming in at No. 2.
Rounding out the top five are the Carleton Place Canadians (CCHL) and the Fort Frances Lakers (SIJHL) at No. 3 and No. 4 respectively.
CJHL TOP 20
RANK TEAM (LEAGUE) LAST WEEK)
1. Fort McMurray Oil Barons (AJHL) (1)
2. Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) (3)
3. Carleton Place Canadiens (CCHL) (6)
4. Fort Frances Lakers (SIJHL) (2)
5. Soo Thunderbirds (NOHL) (5)
6. Powell River Kings (BCHL) (4)
7. Steinbach Pistons (MJHL) (9)
8. Yorkton Terriers (SJHL) (15)
9. Portage Terriers (MJHL) (8)
10. Weeks Crushers (MHL) (11)
11. Toronto Lakeshore Patriots (OJHL) (12)
12. Selkirk Steelers (MJHL) (13)
13. Pembroke Lumber Kings (CCHL) (HM)
14. Kirkland Lake Gold Miners (NOJHL) (14)
15. Thunder Bay North Stars (SIJHL) (16)
16. Aurora Tigers (OJHL) (NR)
17. Penticton Vees (BCHL) (17)
18. Dieppe Commandos (MHL) (19)
19. Victoria Grizzlies (BCHL) (HM)
20. Les Pantheres de Saint Jerome (LHJAAAQ) (NR)
Honourable Mention: Prince George Spruce Kings (BCHL), Brooks Bandits (AJHL), Humboldt Broncos (SJHL), Coburg Cougars (OJHL), Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL)
ABOUT THE CJHL TOP 20
The CJHL Top 20 weekly rankings are based upon a variety of factors, including the league in which the team plays, winning percentage, win-loss record, total points accumulated, goals-for versus goals-against ratio, etc.
ABOUT THE CJHL
The Canadian Junior Hockey League is a national organization comprised of all 10 Junior A hockey leagues in Canada.
The CJHL represents 128 teams and over 2,500 players and has over 2,800 alumni furthering their hockey careers at the professional, major junior and college level across North America.
For latest CJHL news and features, visit www.cjhlhockey.com and follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/cjhlhockey or @cjhlhockey.