NORTHERN ONTARIO JUNIOR HOCKEY LEAGUE
Release Date: Monday, Sept. 30, 2013
Trio of NOJHL clubs in latest CJHL rankings
CALGARY, Alta. – The Canadian Junior Hockey League announced their latest edition of their weekly top 20 rankings Monday and a trio of Northern Ontario Junior Hockey League clubs garnered recognition.
Currently tied for first place in the NOJHL standings with 12 points apiece the Kirkland Lake Gold Miners, Soo Thunderbirds and Espanola Rivermen were tabbed 11th, 12th and honourable mention respectively.
All three teams have six victories apiece to their credit while the Gold Miners only have one loss to the two that the T-Birds and Rivermen have suffered so far this season.
The AJHL’s Fort McMurray Oil Barons are the No. 1 ranked team in the CJHL this week followed by the Sherbrooke Cougars of Quebec in second and the La Ronge Ice Wolves over in Saskatchewan holding down the No. 3 spot.
The CJHL Top 20 weekly rankings are based upon a variety of factors, including the league in which the team plays, winning percentage, win-loss record, total number of points accumulated, goals-for versus goals-against ratio, etc.
CJHL TOP 20
RANK TEAM LEAGUE (LAST WEEK)
1. Fort McMurray Oil Barons (AJHL) (1)
2. Les Cougars de Sherbrooke (LHJAAAQ) (2)
3. La Ronge Ice Wolves (SJHL) (14)
4. Powell River Kings (BCHL) (6)
5. Kindersley Klippers (SJHL) (19)
6. Truro Bearcats (MHL) (4)
7. Brooks Bandits (AJHL) (18)
8. Steinbach Pistons (MJHL) (20)
9. Thunder Bay North Stars (SIJHL) (NR)
10. West Kelowna Warriors (BCHL) (15)
11. Kirkland Lake Gold Miners (NOJHL) (8)
12. Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL) (9)
13. Sherwood Park Crusaders (AJHL) (7)
14. Ottawa Jr. Senators (CCHL) (12)
15. Carleton Place Canadiens (CCHL) (16)
16. Penticton Vees (BCHL) (17)
17. St. Michael’s Buzzers (OJHL) (NR)
18. Kingston Voyageurs (OJHL) (NR)
19. Virden Oil Capitals (MJHL) (NR)
20. Wellington Dukes (OJHL) (NR)
HONOURABLE MENTION: Espanola Rivermen (NOJHL); Minnesota Iron Rangers (SIJHL); Humboldt Broncos (SJHL); Les Pantheres de Saint Jerome (LHJAAAQ); Yarmouth Jr. A Mariners (MHL)
ABOUT THE CJHL
The Canadian Junior Hockey League is a national organization comprised of all 10 Junior A hockey leagues in Canada. The CJHL represents more than 120 teams and 2,500 players and has over 2,800 former players furthering their hockey careers at the professional, major junior and college level across North America. For latest CJHL news and features, visit www.cjhlhockey.com and follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/cjhlhockey or @cjhlhockey.