NORTHERN ONTARIO JUNIOR HOCKEY LEAGUE
NOJHL MEDIA UPDATE
Release Date: Monday, Dec. 1, 2014
Soo 8th, Kirkland Lake 11th in Pointstreak CJHL Top 20 rankings
SUDBURY – The Northern Ontario Junior Hockey League’s Soo Thunderbirds and Kirkland Lake Gold Miners continue to draw attention in the Canadian Junior Hockey League Pointstreak Top 20 weekly rankings as both clubs made a move in the national listings announced Monday.
The NOJHL-leading Thunderbirds were tabbed eighth in the CJHL rankings this week while the second place Gold Miners were slotted 11th overall in the 129-team CJHL rankings, which are compiled in conjunction with International Scouting Services.
Sault Ste. Marie currently leads the NOJHL West and overall standings with 40 points and a 19-3-0-2 record.
Kirkland Lake presently tops the league’s East Division with 39 points and a 19-5-0-1 mark in the hotly-contested race for first in the NOJHL.
The 2015 RBC Cup host Portage Terriers (MJHL) continue to hold down the No. 1 ranking in the CJHL.
Making a move this week are the Woodstock Slammers (MHL) as the squad from the Maritimes jumped two notches from fourth in the country to second.
Meanwhile the Carleton Place Canadians (CCHL) dipped a placing to No. 3 in the CJHL.
The Aurora Tigers (OJHL) and Camrose Kodiaks (AJHL) round out the top five in fourth and fifth respectively.
The following is the Pointstreak CJHL top 20 rankings along with five honourable mention teams for the period ending Nov. 30:
POINTSTREAK CJHL TOP 20
RANK TEAM (LEAGUE) (LAST WEEK)
1. Portage Terriers (MJHL) (1)
2. Woodstock Slammers (MHL) (4)
3. Carleton Place Canadians (CCHL) (2)
4. Aurora Tigers (OJHL) (5)
5. Camrose Kodiaks (AJHL) (6)
6. Penticton Vees (BCHL) (3)
7. Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) (7)
8. Soo Thunderbirds (NOJHL) (9)
9. Kindersley Klippers (SJHL) (12)
10. Brooks Bandits (AJHL) (17)
11. Kirkland Lake Gold Miners (NOJHL) (14)
12. Trenton Golden Hawks (OJHL) (8)
13. Melfort Mustangs (SJHL) (10)
14. Winkler Flyers (MJHL) (11)
15. Ottawa Jr. ‘A’ Senators (CCHL) (15)
16. Fort Frances Lakers (SIJHL) (13)
17. Nanaimo Clippers (BCHL) (HM)
18. Flin Flon Bombers (SJHL) (HM)
19. Princeville Titan (QJHL) (16)
20. Miramichi Timberwolves (MHL) (18)
Honourable Mention: Chilliwack Chiefs (BCHL), Vernon Vipers (BCHL), Okotoks Oilers (AJHL), Winnipeg Blues (MJHL), Georgetown Raiders (OJHL)
ABOUT THE POINTSTREAK CJHL TOP 20 RANKINGS
The Pointstreak CJHL Top 20 weekly rankings, in conjunction with International Scouting Services (ISS), are based upon a variety of factors, including the league in which the team plays, winning percentage, win-loss record, total points accumulated, goals-for versus goals-against ratio, etc.
ABOUT THE CJHL
The Canadian Junior Hockey League is a national organization comprised of all 10 Junior A hockey leagues in Canada.
The CJHL represents 129 teams and nearly 3,000 players and has just as many former players furthering their hockey careers at the professional, major junior and college level across North America.
For latest CJHL news and features, visit www.cjhlhockey.com and follow on Twitter at twitter.com/cjhlhockey or @cjhlhockey.